The CAN - IO device has been developed to operate as an intelligent input module which is able to read a variety of digital and analog inputs and broadcast them on the CANBUS network. This allows expansion of the I/O capabilities of any of our CANBUS capable motor controllers and provides for a simplification of the wiring harness, as only 4 wires are required to connect to other nodes of the CAN network.
In addition, the double-microcontroller architecture (master-slave hierarchy) improves the safety level of many functions by providing an additional check for both analog and digital inputs.
- 13 Digital Inputs (active to +B)
- 3 Analog inputs (0 - 5V)
- Encoder Interface
- Stepper motor interface
- Complimentary (double) potentiometer interface
- 4 outputs (driving to -B, 0.5A maximum)
- Dimensions: 82x197x73 mm
- Connector: Two Ampseal
- Dual 16 bit microcontroller with embedded flash memory
- ESD protected CANBUS interface
- Input voltage: 0 -50 V