With this model, ZAPI brings our 15 years of industry leading experience with asynchronous control technology and provides a flexible and robust product. This model is designed to drive one synchronous or asynchronous motor rated up to 20Kw.
Depending on the application, this unit can process the majority of the vehicle control through the configurable onboard I/O.
The field-upgradable firmware can be fully customized to the OEM's specifications, or a CANopen solution can be supplied to provide superior flexibility. Multi-motor algorithms such as dual-drive and quad-drive are available, by linking the controllers via CANBUS, thus creating an adaptable electronic differential.
The ACE-3 is configured to run asynchronous motor technologies such as AC induciton. This model is compatible with incremental encoder signals to determine motor RPM feedback
The BLE-3 is configured to run synchronous motor technologies such as PMAC, BLDC, and IPMAC. This model is compatible with Hall Effect or Sin/Cos encoder signals to determine motor RPM feedback.
This ZAPI motor controller comes standard with CANBUS communication, Flash programming, and ZAPI's patented algorithm are compatible with ZAPI's standard diagnostic tool.
Extended warranty available.
- 3 Digital inputs: active to +Batt.
- 2 Digital inputs: active to -Batt.
- 2 Analog inputs
- 1 motor RPM feedback port
- 1 analog motor thermal input
- 3 outputs driving to -Batt.: 2.5A continuous, PWM voltage controlled
- 1 proportional output driving to -Batt.: 1.0A continuous, PWM current controlled
- Additional I/O available in premium version
400 - 500, 500 - 600, 600 - 700
- Dimensions: 200 x 230 x 90 mm
- Connector Type: Ampseal
- Available with aluminum base plate or finned heat sink
- Flash memory
- CANBUS interface
- Additional CANBUS interface available in premium version
- Opto-insulated CAN transceiver
- ESD protection
- Both 11 and 29 bit CAN communication supported
- 36V, 48V @ 600Arms peak
- 36V, 48V @ 650Arms peak
- 72V, 80V @ 450Arms peak
- 72V, 80V @ 550Arms peak
- 96V @ 400Arms peak
- 96V @ 500Arms peak
- 120V @ 400Arms peak